Standing up for Hamilton Mountain
- Deputy Whip and critic for Children, Community and Social Services
- Monique fought for and represented the Hamilton Mountain riding since 2011.
- A healthcare and children and youth champion, she was successful in fighting alongside families to remove age-discrimination in autism treatment access and gathered all-party support for eliminating wait-lists for children and youth access to mental health services.
- She was voted “Best Local Politician” (Platinum or Diamond awards), four years running by the readers of Hamilton Community News and “Most Determined MPP” by her MPP colleagues at Queen’s Park.
- Monique understands that the Hamilton Mountain community needs leadership that will continue fighting for better access to healthcare, universal pharmacare and dental care and on-the-job protection.
- Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, long-term care settings were hit hard. Monique fought for action at Grace Villa, a long-term care home in Hamilton where a devastating COVID-19 outbreak occurred. She pressed the government to provide support to the home and advocated on behalf of the residents and staff.
- Monique has been a long-standing advocate for affordable housing in Hamilton, and she is dedicated to community and street outreach in her riding as well as throughout the city. She has run several successful food drives in partnership with local charities, including the Santa Parade food Drive and the Christmas in July food drive.